aarch64 bugs

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 15:12:13 UTC 2013

On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 2:53 PM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 09:14:52 -0500,
>   Jeffrey Ollie <jeff at ocjtech.us> wrote:
>>
>> Yesterday a bunch of bugs were opened up regarding aarch64 support in
>> some packages.  I'd like to do my part in fixing these, but is there a
>> way to actually run test builds?  I know that there's ARM support in
>> the works, but I haven't really kept up with the details.
>

> I was going to ask the same question.

At the moment there is not. We're working on the platform bring up and
in the coming weeks there will an initial Fedora 19 based image
released that will be able to run on the free ARM Foundation model
[1]. Eventually there will be hardware available but I'm not sure when
that will be as there's not been anything publicly announced.
Ultimately we're very much in the prep stages for a mass rebuild of
Fedora for aarch64 when we eventually get actual HW, at the moment a
build of something like gcc takes days.

Peter

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM/AArch64/FoundationModel