Orphaned meanwhile package

John.Florian at dart.biz John.Florian at dart.biz
Thu Mar 28 12:38:35 UTC 2013

> From: Simone Caronni <negativo17 at gmail.com>
>
> I'm one of those poor souls having to deal with Lotus Notes at work.

Me too. :(

Trying to use Notes just to handle the mail style of this list is a
ridiculous exercise.  My former employer also used Notes, but at least
they offered me IMAP access which meant I could use a sane MUA.

> Well, actually my soul is kidnapped in Hell and I'm forced to work
> with the damn tool for repentance. Words are not enough to describe
> the unbearable agony that the super fat Lotus Notes native client
> and the funtastic iNotes web interface bring to my life. I started
> thinking we do this for charity towards the Notes sysadmins.

The only blessing of my Notes experience is that I can appreciate and
sympathize with your pain and your attempt to burry it with such humor.

> PS: if you need any help running Lotus Notes on recent Fedora
> releases, feel free to write me.

I would like to hear what you've worked out.  We had it going back as late
as F15-16ish IIRC, but it got increasingly difficult and I lost interest,
settling for an RDP session to a Windows client.
--
John Florian