package, package2, package3 naming-with-version exploit

juanmabc juanmabcmail at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 01:01:07 UTC 2013

On Thursday 28 March 2013 12:13:05 seth vidal wrote:
> The trouble is this - the solution you and others have suggested
> doesn't actually solve the problem it just moves it around. It also
> makes the situation of dep resolution and global updates that much more
> difficult. Which makes the management end of all this that much harder
> on the folks maintaining systems with these tools.

I would expect the real good solution to come from the rpm team, not an
outsider with less experience than them on that field.

> I've not been working with the package-mgmt team in a while now but I
> do not think that any of the team is ignoring the issues - they are
> just far harder to balance packager needs, user needs and sysadmins
> needs that it would otherwise appear.

I would like someone is working or willing to work on it, even on a slow and
large time plan, cause to me it seems there is an issue with pkg2-2.0.0.rpm,
and expecting to not be like that forever. So that the team is not ignoring
the issues is to welcome.