XFS and trim

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Sun Mar 31 01:38:45 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Firstly, Please CC me into replies as I'm not subscribed to this list.

I'm trying to confirm that Fedora 18 has enabled trim for XFS
filesystems. I have added discard to the mount options in /etc/fstab -
however I do not see it when looking at the output of 'mount':

UUID=b95a7b45-d197-45c0-a7d6-c13f930a38b3 /                       xfs
defaults,discard 0 1

/dev/sda2 on / type xfs (rw,relatime,attr2,inode64,noquota)

fstrim shows that trim is at least enabled, but I am unable to confirm
if it is done in realtime, or I am required to run fstrim manually.

# fstrim -v /
/: 48919015424 bytes were trimmed

Can anyone share some insight into this?

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz at crc.id.au
Web: https://www.crc.id.au