Adding open-vm-tools to core group

Simone Caronni negativo17 at gmail.com
Thu May 2 11:44:32 UTC 2013

Hello,

On 2 May 2013 05:31, Ravindra Kumar <ravindrakumar at vmware.com> wrote:

> 1. Add open-vm-tools to the core package group
> 2. Modify Anaconda to uninstall open-vm-tools after installation if
> install is not running on a VM on VMware

Install and uninstall looks a bit weird to me; what could be done is to
make the package conditionally whether it's running in a VMware VM or not,
much like it happens now for the EFI packages (only installed on an EFI
system) or the spice agent (IIRC) if it's installed in libvirt/kvm or
RHEV/ovirt.

Regards,
--Simone

--
You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of
the shore (R. W. Emerson).