F19 DVD over size - what to drop?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Thu May 2 12:46:15 UTC 2013

On Wed, May 01, 2013 at 20:26:13 -0400,
   Sam Varshavchik <mrsam at courier-mta.com> wrote:
>Bill Nottingham writes:
>
>Anyway, here are my suggestions:
>
>valgrind
>eclipse
>gimp
>kdegames

I don't think gimp is that great of a choice to drop. That's a tool that
I think some of the less technical of our users might want to use and
making it easy for them to install it is a good thing. I'd rather see
us trimming more of the lesser used server or developer stuff from the DVD
then end user stuff. (Barring games. There is another spin for that and
many are getting so big these days that a dedicated games spin can only
provide a few of the more popular games and still fit on a DVD.)