About /run/media

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Thu May 2 12:53:20 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-05-02 at 07:36 -0300, Sergio Belkin wrote:
> Hi folks,
> In this case is not my will express my complains about why removable
> devices are mounted on /run/media but I'd want to know how
> udisks/udev/systemd/whoever chooses where it will mount the device,
> and even took a look to logs, udev and udisks monitor, nothing,
> nothing at all
>
> I was looking for through udisks/udev/systemd and I haven't found
> nothing at all, apologise my ingnorance, but how that task is
> performed?
>
> Please could you enlighten me?
>
> Thanks in advance

Sergio,

This change was made upstream in udisks2. It seems like it's hard coded
and is not a configurable option. More information here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/udisks2/+bug/1020759/comments/3

Google search terms "udisks run media" will get you even more
information.

--
Thanks,
Warm regards,