F19 DVD over size - what to drop?

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at znmeb.net
Thu May 2 17:34:25 UTC 2013

Is there actual data from what people 'yum install' we could use to make
decisions? I suspect most people install from the desktop default media and
then just add the stuff they want. If we know what that "stuff they want"
is, that's what should be on the DVD.

On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 10:29 AM, Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com> wrote:

> Chris Murphy (lists at colorremedies.com) said:
> >
> > On May 2, 2013, at 6:40 AM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
> >

> > > This is pretty much what happened with CD images. Eventually this will
> change, but it isn't clear to me that this is the right time to make that
> change.
> >
> > CentOS 6 uses two DVD images. Apple, before dropping DVD's with new
> > computers, went with two DVD's for a period, even though they had
> hardware
> > that supported DVD/DL. There's precedent. If it's going to cause
> aneurisms
> > figuring out what to drop, just use two images.
>
> Chained images? We dropped split media support in the installer, so it
> would need to be two different images without installer changes.
>
> Bill
> --

Twitter: http://twitter.com/znmeb; Computational Journalism Publishers
Workbench
http://j.mp/CompJournBench/

Get out of the building - and don't come back till you have the order!