Adding open-vm-tools to core group

Ravindra Kumar ravindrakumar at vmware.com
Thu May 2 18:29:56 UTC 2013

> the open-vm-tools should be generally be splitted in packages
> with and without X11 deps - below my personal SPEC file for
> a fedora infrastructure on top of vSphere with all things you
> need for "VMware DataRecovery"-backups and VMware-HighAbility
>
> you do not want any X11-deps and HGFS stuff on production sevrers

We have split open-vm-tools in 3 RPMS:

open-vm-tools-9.2.3-4.fc19.i686.rpm - This is very much like what your spec file will generate
open-vm-tools-desktop-9.2.3-4.fc19.i686.rpm - This is all related UI stuff
open-vm-tools-devel-9.2.3-4.fc19.i686.rpm - This is for developing stuff with virtualization

Thanks,
Ravindra