F19 DVD over size - what to drop?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu May 2 19:03:18 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-05-02 at 10:34 -0700, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
> Is there actual data from what people 'yum install' we could use to
> make decisions? I suspect most people install from the desktop default
> media and then just add the stuff they want. If we know what that
> "stuff they want" is, that's what should be on the DVD.

No, as that's the 'convenience' use case, which is less important than
the 'essential' use case. What we need to identify is the stuff that
offline users really need/want access to. The 'convenience' use case
comes second; that's the stuff for people who could download it from
repos, but might save a bit of time/bandwidth if it's on the DVD.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey