Adding open-vm-tools to core group

Simone Caronni negativo17 at gmail.com
Thu May 2 20:41:13 UTC 2013

On 2 May 2013 21:44, Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net> wrote:

> VMWare is sure shooting itself in the foot (I've seen vmware consultants
> force the removal of rpm-ized vmware tools from system images only to
> discover they had no mean to update the non-rpm version three monhs later
> when the image was largely deployed). All the more reason to help the
> vmware groups that try to make it a better experience.

Exactly. That's why on RHEL/CentOS i use these:

http://www.vmware.com/download/packages.html

They're in good shape; unfortunately there are no updates without editing
the repository file by hand and removing most of the components before
reinstalling (broken upgrade paths).

I'm already using the simple Fedora/EPEL package.

--
You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of
the shore (R. W. Emerson).