Q: bundled fonts.

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Fri May 3 14:15:48 UTC 2013

Le Mar 23 avril 2013 19:10, Toshio Kuratomi a écrit :

>> There will probably be more of this, fedora-review is updated with a
>> new test looking for bundled font files.My gut feeling is also  that
>> there are some other bundled fonts in existing packages...

There are many packaging font tests in repo-font-audit (in
fontpackages-devel). They need porting to autoqa or fedora-review.

> Nicolas, does that strategy sound good to you?  IIRC, the major issue with
> bundling of fonts was licensing (with other things like updates to the
> glyphs being secondary concerns).  Using BuildRequires and then copying
> the font files at build time would seem to be a reasonable way to work
> around this.

You also need version-lock to propagate system font changes. But IMHO it
is easier to just write the apache config rules that tell apache where the
original files reside on the filesystem

https://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/mod_alias.html

> Is there a need to issue virtual provides for these?  For instance:
>   Provides: bundled(levien-inconsolata-fonts = 1.01)

There is no need to issue virtual provides in this case, but it is
contrary to packaging rules, and will generate false positives in any repo
sanity checker. Please don't do it.

--
Nicolas Mailhot