F19 DVD over size - what to drop?

Paul Wouters pwouters at redhat.com
Fri May 3 14:53:28 UTC 2013

On Fri, 3 May 2013, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:

>> Surely if you are mass creating vm's you use ks + cobbler and or
>> spacewalk to do that instead af ISO file.
>
> Both of those require you to deploy extra infrastructure, which isn't
> needed if using the ISO. Different approaches suit different people,
> and for many people the ISO installer images are the basis for their
> chosen approach.

Using a simple PXE boot requires the DVD (not net-install) if you want
to point to a local repo to save bandwidth.

One day I hope just mounting it would be enough to reconfigure the PXE
subsystem, but unfortunately, the pxelinux.cfg stuff seems very path
dependant and all distros do things just different enough each release
that it remains a manual process to update my PXE server for a new
release of fedora/centos/ubuntu.

Paul