F19 DVD over size - what to drop?

Clyde E. Kunkel clydekunkel7734 at verizon.net
Fri May 3 20:44:41 UTC 2013

On 05/03/2013 12:30 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 05/03/2013 04:22 PM, Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
>> On 05/03/2013 09:45 AM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>> <snip>
>>> Why not just make the assumption that administrators will use the
>>> netinstall and or ks and desktop users will use live spins?
>>>
>>> JBG
>>
>> I don't know if it is still the case, but historically you could NOT
>> specify a file system different from the live spin--ext4.
>
> That doesn't apply  for the last few releases.
>
> Rahul

Well, heck, just go with spins then.  Put them on DVDs.  Allow a default
desktop environament and a selection of other desktop environments.
Common brown bear users will use the default spin (Gnome) and more
sophisticated users will pick their spin and if they need something not
on the spin, they will yum install it.  I don't intend to start the
discussion on default desktop, but it really doesn't seem to be of any
consequence since all popular desktops have their own spin.

--
Regards,
OldFart