F19 DVD over size - what to drop?

Mike Pinkerton pselists at mindspring.com
Fri May 3 23:45:22 UTC 2013

On 3 May 2013, at 15:07, Chris Adams wrote:

> Once upon a time, Mike Pinkerton <pselists at mindspring.com> said:
>> Does anaconda check package signatures for the netinstall?
>
> I believe so.  Checksums are definately checked (RPM won't install a
> corrupt package).

Are you sure that signatures are checked?  If so, why this feature?

<https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/
PackageSignatureCheckingDuringOSInstall>

>> Does netinstall even work well?
>
> Certainly.  I actually haven't installed Fedora (or RHEL/CentOS) any
> other way in a long time (probably at least 5 years).  Just about
> all of
> the RHEL/CentOS installs, and some of the Fedora installs, were from
> kickstart, but most of the Fedora installs were interactive.
>
>> For F18 I planned to do netinstalls on a dozen or so desktop
>> workstations and a couple of new servers, using our internal trusted
>> Fedora repo.  After specifying our internal repo as the source,
>> netinstall would not allow me to choose the software to install --
>> all I got was the yellow triangle on the summary page, and blank
>> pages where I should have been able to choose "Gnome desktop",
>> "network server", etc.
>
> I would say that sounds like there was something wrong with your repo.

The repo works fine for yum after installation.

Have you tried doing a netinstall from a specific mirror that you
specified in the source spoke of anaconda rather than using the pre-
configured repo?  Did it work?

I am going to take Rahul's earlier suggestion and try the current F19
TC this weekend to see if I get any better result.

--
Mike