Do you think this is a security risk and if not is it a bad UI decision?

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at znmeb.net
Sat May 4 03:40:33 UTC 2013

I didn't notice this the last time I did an install. But yes, it's a
*problem* if it does that. I'll upvote or whatever if someone re-opens; I
do so many installs in coffee shops that I would flat out not use a distro
that did this!

On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 8:28 PM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:

> On Fri, May 03, 2013 at 23:26:51 -0400,
>   Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 05/03/2013 11:22 PM, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
>>

>>> It's not like the people entering the password don't know it is visible.
>>>

>> On the contrary, it is entirely unexpected that the UI will not hide it.
>>

> Are you refering to someone ther than the person who is looking at the
> screen while typing in their password? Surely the person doing that will
> know it is visible and not enter it while someone is obviously looking at
> their screen.
>
> --

Twitter: http://twitter.com/znmeb; Computational Journalism Publishers
Workbench
http://j.mp/CompJournBench/

Get out of the building - and don't come back till you have the order!