Do you think this is a security risk and if not is it a bad UI decision?

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Sat May 4 04:01:00 UTC 2013

On Fri, May 03, 2013 at 11:55:24PM -0400, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 05/03/2013 11:51 PM, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> >And if the maintainers feel more than justified in closing it again?
> Hopefully, they will reconsider their decision before doing that.
> You seem to be claiming that once the maintainer has a bug report as
> a deliberate UI change, it should never be reopened no matter what.
> I don't agree with your opinion in that case.

I'm saying that if a bug report has been closed due to the change being
a deliberate design decision, reopening the bug isn't going to change
the fact that it was a deliberate design decision. The appropriate place
to discuss deliberate design decisions is a forum where said decisions
are made, ie not Bugzilla.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org