Do you think this is a security risk and if not is it a bad UI decision?

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Sat May 4 04:30:39 UTC 2013

On Fri, May 03, 2013 at 11:24:01PM -0500, Eric Sandeen wrote:
> On 5/3/13 10:58 PM, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> > No, this isn't the most appropriate mailing list for the discussion -
> > anaconda-devel-list is a better choice if you want to interact with the
> > people who actually work on that code. In any case, I was disagreeing
> > with Rahul's assertion that he was justified in re-opening a bug merely
> > because he disagreed with a design choice.
>
> Matthew, with all due respect the tone of the bug doesn't make me think
> that there is a lot of interest in discussion from the developers.

Reopening bugs is generally a good way of ensuring that there's even
less interest in discussion from the developers, and posting to mailing
lists that most of the developers concerned don't read has pretty
obvious problems in terms of changing their minds.

> If this had been on the anaconda list, most impacted parties would
> not have seen it.  Speaking for myself, I'm glad it was brought up here.

I think making people aware of it on devel was a perfectly reasonable
thing to do, but most of the rest of the thread has been pretty
pointless. We don't make technical decisions by majority vote - most get
left up to the maintainers of the project in question.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org