Do you think this is a security risk and if not is it a bad UI decision?

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Sat May 4 04:35:05 UTC 2013

On Sat, May 04, 2013 at 12:07:30AM -0400, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 12:01 AM, Matthew Garrett  wrote:
> > I'm saying that if a bug report has been closed due to the change being
> > a deliberate design decision, reopening the bug isn't going to change
> > the fact that it was a deliberate design decision.
> >

> I understand your perspective just fine but I have had maintainers fix the
> bug after it was reopened and I have done that for users as a maintainer
> when I originally thought something wasn't a problem but changed my mind
> when presented with a coherent argument to reconsider.   I don't see it as
> a hardline rule

Bugzilla's a dreadful place to have discussions. The lack of threading
means unpopular decisions tend to just result in large numbers of
contentless comments which make meaningful discussion impossible - it's
a nightmare to find appropriate context. If a project doesn't have a
mailing list then Bugzilla may be the least worst choice, but where it
does then make use of it.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org