Do you think this is a security risk and if not is it a bad UI decision?

Oron Peled oron at actcom.co.il
Sat May 4 07:19:34 UTC 2013

On Friday 03 May 2013 22:22:47 Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> It's not like the people entering the password don't know it is visible.

I for one, will finish typing the password *way before* realizing it's visible:
 * Touch typing is fast
 * With passwords it's even faster:
    - Because it's very common.
    - Because I don't want by-standers to be able to grasp it from
      looking at my fingers.
 * You never expect the Spanish Inquisition will make such a UI change ;-)

--
Oron Peled                                 Voice: +972-4-8228492
oron at actcom.co.il                  http://users.actcom.co.il/~oron