Do you think this is a security risk and if not is it a bad UI decision?

Oron Peled oron at actcom.co.il
Sat May 4 07:37:04 UTC 2013

On Saturday 04 May 2013 04:58:13 Matthew Garrett wrote:
> No, this isn't the most appropriate mailing list for the discussion -
> anaconda-devel-list is a better choice if you want to interact with the
> people who actually work on that code.

What separate a Linux distro from a random batch of software is *policy*
and what happened here is a radical policy change without any *prior*
discussion.

Why only installation? By the same token we should apply this
logic to any other password entry -- should this go according to each
packager taste?

IMO, this kind of change belongs first to fedora-devel and *than* to Fesco.

(and I'm still repeating my previous question in this thread --
 are any security  related people involved? Or do we assume their
 opinion on the subject matter isn't relevant)

--
Oron Peled                                 Voice: +972-4-8228492
oron at actcom.co.il                  http://users.actcom.co.il/~oron