Do you think this is a security risk and if not is it a bad UI decision?

Reartes Guillermo rtguille at gmail.com
Mon May 6 13:16:21 UTC 2013

>> what if the password IS 12 bullet characters :)

Three UI elements:

* two password fields that do not echo the password by default or covers it
with bullets or asterisks.
* one check-box that shows the password if the user wishes so.

It is the most flexible scheme. If one doubts the typed password and
re-typing it is not desirable or enough (if one suspects the keyboard)
having
a check-box that shows the password covers that usage case. And the user
will make sure when to enable the check-box (and when not to).

When one installs fedora, who is near to you when you install fedora, who
is looking at you when you install fedora and the size of the password one
will use for fedora, should not make uncomfortable the act of installing
fedora.
Ultimately, it is the responsibility of the user to not to get its password
'seen' (by any means), but i think the mentioned scheme is more convenient.

Cheers.