Do you think this is a security risk and if not is it a bad UI decision?

Przemek Klosowski przemek.klosowski at nist.gov
Mon May 6 14:00:59 UTC 2013

On 05/04/2013 05:37 AM, Michael Scherer wrote:

> Or I could also speak of the small non standard keyboard such as macbook
> one where ~ or | are not printed and where using the wrong keyboard
> could result in wrong characters if you are unaware of the problem.

Reminds me of the famous case when someone could login while sitting
down but not when they were standing up. The reason turned out to be
that their keyboard layout was slightly non-standard and the keycodes
didn't agree with keycaps. When they were sitting, they touch-typed and
hit the correct keys, but when they were standing, they hunt-and-pecked
and got the wrong keys.