Pending soname bumps for m4ri, m4rie, and ntl

Jerry James loganjerry at gmail.com
Mon May 6 15:41:36 UTC 2013

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 8:18 AM, Paulo César Pereira de Andrade
<paulo.cesar.pereira.de.andrade at gmail.com> wrote:
>   I started working on updating to sagemath 5.9 that was just
> released. But if the 5.8 build finished, and most likely did, as
> most of the time is spent building documentation, it should
> be ok to update.

No, the build failed because of the new version of NTL.  Sagemath's
ntl_wrap.{h,cpp} assume that many of the fundamental types (ZZ, ZZ_p,
ZZX, etc.) are structs.  In NTL 6.0.0, they are classes, not structs.
I've got a patch to adapt sagemath to this, but didn't have time to
test it over the weekend.  I've just started a test build.

If the build succeeds, what would you like me to do?  I can send you
the patch, and you can work it into the 5.9 update, or I can do a
build of 5.8 with the patch.

>   The Singular abi/api is somewhat volatile, so, I prefer to keep
> at the version used by sagemath. Testing/updating after the m4ri
> and m4rie updates should be a better plan.

OK, that makes sense.

Rex, are you okay with me going forward with the rebuilds, or would
you like to handle your own?
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/