Adding open-vm-tools to core group

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon May 6 22:12:52 UTC 2013

On Mon, 2013-05-06 at 15:04 -0700, Ravindra Kumar wrote:

> If it is absolute no, I would proceed with the Anaconda patch if
> there is a good explanation/alternative to the 3 issues I have
> listed above.

Talk to the anaconda devs first. I'm no expert on anaconda internals,
but I play one on TV, and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't take a patch
that tries to uninstall stuff from the system it just installed. There
are already mechanisms in anaconda for conditionally adding packages to
the 'to be installed' set, based on the system architecture, and
probably some other things. You probably want to either make use of or
at least mirror the design of these existing mechanisms, rather than
just inventing a new one out of thin air.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey