Packaging directory in /mnt - how to do so?

Tomasz Torcz tomek at pipebreaker.pl
Tue May 7 09:14:52 UTC 2013

Hey list,

  In the course of review of owfs (#927237) I was pointed that
shipping directory in /mnt is prohibited. FHS seems to agree.

  owfs is suite of program for accessing 1-wire network, which is
simple hardware protocol.  One of the program is FUSE module,
giving the access to network and devices on it through filesystem.
The "/mnt/1wire" directory is widely used default - it's in the
default config files and many scripts over the net uses it. I'd really
like to retain this similarity eith other distributions in Fedora.

  Is there any way out from this situation?

--
Tomasz Torcz                Only gods can safely risk perfection,
xmpp: zdzichubg at chrome.pl     it's a dangerous thing for a man.  -- Alia