dietlibc

Frank Bergmann fedora-devel at tuxad.de
Wed May 8 12:48:20 UTC 2013

On Wed, May 08, 2013 at 06:56:59AM -0500, Jon Ciesla wrote:
>    On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 6:02 AM, Frank Bergmann <[1]fedora-devel at tuxad.de>
>    wrote:
>      Hello,
>      I freshly subscribed this list after reading that dietlibc seems to be
>      unmaintained.
>      ([2]http://mm3test.fedoraproject.org/hyperkitty/list/devel@mm3test.fedorap
>      roject.org/thread/BP7LYYNGQA2DDTNFNS3EJXX3AGNZRNAX/)
>      What's the current status of dietlibc in Fedora and how can it be checked?
>      Last built was done by Jon Ciesla on 2013-03-27.
>
>    Unmaintained how?  Speaking as the current maintainer, my plans have been to

See URL. Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
"needing to have new maintainers and comaintainers for some packages
Note to potential new maintainers: although not mandatory, you may want to
open an optional re-review request as the spec files for some of these may
be very out of sync with the current Fedora Packaging Guidelines.
dietlibc (devel is still owned by ensc but maybe that was an oversight)
"
>    migrate any packages using it to glibc, but the keep dietlibc in the distro
>    for developer use.  I believe I've got that largely finished.  Is there
>    something you'd like to see done?

No, thanks. I just don't want to see it kicked out of Fedora. :-)
I'm glad that it actually has a maintainer.