ext4 - scsi: storvsc: avoid usage of WRITE_SAME

Mario Ceresa mrceresa at gmail.com
Wed May 8 14:21:22 UTC 2013

Dear all,
When accessing a VHDX disc with a f18 VM (hyperv) with kernel
3.8.8-202 x86_64 I have tons of errors like:

Add. Sense: No additional sense information
hv_storvsc vmbus_0_12: cmd 0x41 scsi status 0x2 srb status 0x6

I believe it is related to WRITE_SAME don't implemented in win2012
server. It seems that this patch could make the trick:

https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/2172871/

But how could I check if I have it in my kernel or not?

Of course, I can be completely wrong. If you have any other ideas,
please share :)

Thanks for any help,

Mario