F19 DVD over size - what to drop?

Luya Tshimbalanga luya at fedoraproject.org
Thu May 9 18:19:35 UTC 2013

On 09/05/13 02:05 AM, Dan Mashal wrote:
> On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 12:07 AM, Luya Tshimbalanga
> <luya at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> -1. Design Suite package is for those lacking online access and wanting to
>> use available applications.
> I see a lot of stupid justifications for "lacking online access". AN
> ENTIRE SPIN is not enough?\
You can call "lacking online access" justification stupid if you want,
you forgot there are users who still prefer DVD installation rather than
spin.  You wanted to remove the entire Design suite package set
(available since several release) from DVD without consulting the
maintainer first so an arrangement to remove some individual software
could be made. I could say the same thing about MATE package set you
maintained because it duplicated other desktop environments unlike
Design suite complementing either of them.
Bruno posts summarized my view so I stop here.

--
Luya Tshimbalanga
Graphic & Web Designer
E: luya at fedoraproject.org