Mission Impossible #1: qt without gtk

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sat May 11 19:22:15 UTC 2013

On Sat, 2013-05-11 at 22:01 +0400, Eugene Pivnev wrote:
> 01.05.2013 23:07, Matthias Clasen:
> > On Wed, 2013-05-01 at 11:46 +0400, Eugene Pivnev wrote:
> >> Whether I have to create bugreports?
> > Creating patches would be more interesting.
> Creating patches is greate idea - but is too hard for one man.
> I created dependency graph for some qt-based applications (green color)
> against gtk*/*gnome* ones (red).

*gnome* is too simplistic. There are 'GNOME' things that aren't really
that GNOME-y...

> Sorry for big picture - it is because of loopbacks.
>
> Problematic dependencies that I found:
>
> qgit -> git -> libgnome_keyring

...like this one, for instance. libgnome-keyring's dependencies are
pretty modest:

/sbin/ldconfig
/sbin/ldconfig
libc.so.6()(64bit)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.14)(64bit)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4)(64bit)
libdbus-1.so.3()(64bit)
libgcrypt.so.11()(64bit)
libgcrypt.so.11(GCRYPT_1.2)(64bit)
libglib-2.0.so.0()(64bit)
libgobject-2.0.so.0()(64bit)
libpthread.so.0()(64bit)
libpthread.so.0(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit)
rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1
rpmlib(FileDigests) <= 4.6.0-1
rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1
rtld(GNU_HASH)
rpmlib(PayloadIsXz) <= 5.2-1

You can rip out gtk2 without losing libgnome-keyring.

> opencv -> gtk2;
> xscreensaver_base -> libglade2 -> gtk2;
> librsvg2 -> gtk3;

These ones look a bit more significant. xscreensaver-base's dep on gtk2
in particular looks odd.

> The question is - are these dependencies unbreakable?

Indeed...
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey