orphaning cal3d, freeimage, libosip2, linphone, opencv, osgal

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon May 13 13:41:45 UTC 2013

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 11:47:32 +0200,
   Hans de Goede <hdegoede at redhat.com> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>On 05/11/2013 11:04 PM, Fran├žois Cami wrote:
>>Hello,
>>
>>I'm orphaning some packages:
>>
>>cal3d -- Skeletal based 3-D character animation library
>
>This is needed by sear, which is a WorldForge 3d client, which seems
>to be obsoleted by ember, which is already packaged.
>
>So perhaps we should drop sear to and an Obsoletes: Sear to ember
>for upgrade path?

I think that is reasonable. Upstream hasn't done a Sear update in ages. We
could look at bringing it back later if that changes, but it's not likely
to happen in the foreseeable future.

>>freeimage -- Multi-format image decoder library
>
>Needed by ogre and a ton of other pkgs, I hope Bruno (as the ogre
>maintainer) will pick this one up.

I started looking at that, as I was pretty sure something I was maintianing
used it, but I guessed the wrong packages and didn't find which one. I'll
take a look and see what is needed to get freeimage up to date and if it
looks to be managable, I'll take it.