[Fedora-spins] Where are the remaining F19 spins?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon May 13 19:03:55 UTC 2013

On Mon, 2013-05-13 at 12:54 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Mon, 13 May 2013 14:26:40 -0400
> John.Florian at dart.biz wrote:
>
> > Those are good counter-examples, especially the first.  The others
> > though leave me less convinced given what I've been doing here for
> > the last few years which is to take a customized Fedora Live spin
> > with stateless Linux features enabled, plus puppet (considering
> > switching to ansible), plus a little glue to make custom appliances
> > where networked resources dictate the various roles those appliances
> > play ranging from kiosks to firewalls.
>
> Yeah, agreed. For many other uses I think ansible/formulas or whatever
> could work fine. If you don't mind installing a minimal thing and doing
> config on top of it to get the appliance/whatever you want it's a great
> way to go. ;)

I think the other point here is that at least in theory, we can use
Formulas as part of a revision to the overall way we build images: you
could look at a Formula as a recipe for an image, just as we currently
use kickstarts as the recipes for images. There's a vision where we
implement an infrastructure that builds our release images based on a
blessed set of Formulas.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey