New Fedora Tagger
rbean at redhat.com
Tue May 14 03:32:46 UTC 2013
Last week the infrastructure team launched a new version of Fedora
It is a webapp that allows users to upvote/downvote tags on packages as
well as rate packages themselves. The data will end up getting pulled into
yum repo metadata by the bodhi masher and into the Fedora Packages
indexer to improve search results. Fedora Tagger is also one of our
first attempts at "gamification". You earn "points" by voting and rating
and there's a leaderboard on which you can muscle for first place(!)
This new version is quite a bit of a rewrite. The original version
was written on top of the TurboGears2 framework; this new one is
written on Flask instead.
The rewrite has given us an opportunity to more clearly define the API,
(many thanks to pingou). This affords us the opportunity to write tools
against it: Pierre is working on a desktop tagger application
and we've been in some conversation with Richard Hughes about using it
Other new features and bugfixes aside from the API cleaning:
- OpenID FAS Login for security and convenience.
- You can now cast your rating on packages (not just tags on packages)
- The scoring system is more complicated. Adding new tags is worth more
points than voting on pre-existing tags.
- oddshocks contributed a nice link to the bug tracker from the main page.
- After some deliberation on how to go about it, you can actually view
packages with no tags when anonymous now.
- There used to be some weird focus-stealing bugs when using hotkeys. Those
have been eliminated.
Try it out, help improve package search, and climb your way to the
number-one tagger spot!
 - https://apps.fedoraproject.org/tagger/
 - https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/
 - https://apps.fedoraproject.org/tagger/api/v1/
 - http://blog.pingoured.fr/index.php?post/2013/03/27/GNOME-tagger
 - http://blogs.gnome.org/hughsie/2013/03/05/gnome-software-overall-plan/
 - https://github.com/fedora-infra/fedora-tagger/issues/65
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 490 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the devel