Question about "what to do if mantainer is absent"

Mathieu Bridon bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Wed May 15 02:27:22 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-05-14 at 20:56 -0500, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-05-14 at 19:09 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Plus I mainly use GNOME programs, and GNOME maintainership in Fedora
> seems to be something of an exclusive cabel anyway (can't complain --
> Fedora has the best GNOME, period).

That's just not true.

I once submitted a patch to the spec file of the (now retired)
gnome-games package, and I was asked to become a co-maintainer so that I
could push it myself.

I didn't even offer to co-maintain, it was offered to me. Even the
"approveacls" permission.

That doesn't seem like an "exclusive cabel" to me.

--
Mathieu