when startup delays become bugs

Przemek Klosowski przemek.klosowski at nist.gov
Wed May 15 20:39:19 UTC 2013

On 05/15/2013 02:41 PM, Dave Jones wrote:
> On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 02:25:22PM +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
>
>   > > I Want To Believe in btrfs, but unfortunately it's still excessively
>   > > buggy.  It's actually got worse in Rawhide recently
>   >
>   > Well, it works fine for myself and for quite a few other folks I know.
>
> Cool story.

FWIW, I ran btrfs (over LVM, sorry Lennart) on my home system ever since
it became available in Fedora. I have seen weird performance issues
under swapping load that I couldn't measure with my inferior system
tuning chops (the pinnacle of my effort was running iotop), but it's
been solid otherwise.

I was planning to upgrade to F19 soon, and I kind-of care about the data
on that system (I have backup, but corruption would not be welcome, just
for the lost time reason). Do people recommend sticking with it? holding
off the upgrade? switching back to ext4?