when startup delays become bugs

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Wed May 15 21:17:44 UTC 2013

On 05/15/2013 05:36 AM, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> On Tue, 14.05.13 20:43, Adam Williamson (awilliam at redhat.com) wrote:
>>             479ms iprupdate.service
>>             385ms iprinit.service
>
> These appear to be untis that are only necessary for IBM RAID. It's
> hugely disappointing if this is pulled into all boots. I wonder if we
> can find a different logic for this, for example pulling it in from a
> udev rules or so. Or by changing anaconda to install this only onb IBM
> RAID systemd... Anyone knows what this is about?
>
> Also, I don't see either of these listed in the default preset
> file. This really shouldnt be started by default.
>
>>              78ms iprdump.service
>
> IBM RAID again? Jeez...

These are from the iprutils package:

Summary     : Utilities for the IBM Power Linux RAID adapters
Description :
Provides a suite of utilities to manage and configure SCSI devices
supported by the ipr SCSI storage device driver.

And are sysv init scripts:

/etc/rc.d/init.d/iprdump
/etc/rc.d/init.d/iprinit
/etc/rc.d/init.d/iprupdate

Which is listed a "mandatory" in the "core" group of comps.

CCing iprutils-owner for comment.

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                       orion at nwra.com