when startup delays become bugs

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Fri May 17 07:07:24 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 05/17/2013 01:31 AM, Lennart Poettering wrote:

>>> Given that this is really only needed for exotic stuff I do wonder why
>>> we need to install this by default even.
>>
>> We *could* drop all the assorted local storage tools from @standard and just leave
>> them to be installed by anaconda if they're being used to create such
>> storage. They'd have to remain on the live image, though, and so this would
>> not help installs done from the live images.
>
> Does anaconda have infrastructure for this?

Yes, it already drags in for example iscsi-initiator-utils automatically when
iscsi disks are used during install. IIRC doing the same for dmraid should
not be hard.

Also see my comment in another thread, where I offer a solution which would
work with the always popular livecd installs too, and thus is better IMHO.

Regards,

Hans