Does -devel package name only indicate "C" development packages?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sat May 18 18:25:47 UTC 2013

On Sat, 2013-05-18 at 13:41 -0400, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > On Sat, 2013-05-18 at 06:18 -0400, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> > Well, there may have been some signals crossed somewhere. I've been part
> > of the discussion about reducing the size of the desktop spin.
> > selinux-policy-devel doesn't look bad to me, the one that looks like a
> > problem is policycoreutils-devel

> Yep.  I was thinking of policycoreutils-devel and wrote
> selinux-policy-devel in the report instead.  Sorry for the confusion

And to make things clear there - the fact that policycoreutils and
policycoreutils-devel are split is not exactly a problem, in fact it's
making things better, it's just the nomenclature is off and it seems
like the dependency of pcu-devel on selinux-policy-devel is sub-optimal
and might be improveable.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey