anaconda / initial-setup / gnome-initial-setup: can we do this better?

Oron Peled oron at actcom.co.il
Sun May 19 15:15:12 UTC 2013

On Sunday 19 May 2013 15:22:12 Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 10:15:54AM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > ... so on a minimal install you only had to set a root password and
> > you wound up with a system with just the root user.
> I know, and it was a pain to remember the right groupadd/useradd
> commands!

Huh? What's wrong with a simple "useradd foobar"?
On Fedora/RHEL/Centos the defaults for useradd in /etc/login.defs are
very sane, so you don't need extra commands:
  - Create private group (USERGROUPS_ENAB) -- yes
  - Create home directory (CREATE_HOME) -- yes

So all that is left is to "passwd foobar", but that is routine to any Linux user even
during normal life-cycle.

Bye,

--
Oron Peled                                 Voice: +972-4-8228492
oron at actcom.co.il                  http://users.actcom.co.il/~oron