anaconda / initial-setup / gnome-initial-setup: can we do this better?

John.Florian at dart.biz John.Florian at dart.biz
Mon May 20 13:43:10 UTC 2013

> From: Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com>
> As I mentioned in my initial post, the Law of Xkcd informs us that if we
> change this so that user creation is mandatory, it will *inevitably*
> piss someone off.

Me for example, although I'd be more annoyed than pissed.  ;-)

Both at home and work I have all user accounts centralized in LDAP.  I
don't need or want anaconda or some other initial setup tool to force
account creation upon me.  Nor the setup of using LDAP/Kerberos/etc. for
identification/authorization.  That's one of puppet's jobs here and having
to create a dummy account to proceed past some mandatory setup is
irritating.  I've raised this concern once before already.  I don't mind
hitting a skip button -- I certainly don't want to make it hard for others
to set up their accounts manually if that's their cup o' tea.

--
John Florian