Default-installed MTA (was Re: MTA virtual provides craziness)

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon May 20 22:05:18 UTC 2013

Am 20.05.2013 23:55, schrieb Rahul Sundaram:
> On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 4:46 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>

>     Am 20.05.2013 22:43, schrieb Peter Robinson:
>     >> you only need to edit *one line* in /etc/aliases
>     >> everybody who knows unix-like systems knows this
>     >
>     > So your telling me your still using sendmail?
>
>     what the hell has /etc/aliases with sendmail to do?
>
> As you have been told from time to time,  there is really no need to swear.  Can you pay attention to that?  If you
> using a different MTA anyway, it doesn't matter to you whether sendmail is installed by default or not.

read again the provocation i answered

hint1: /etc/aliases is valid even for people who *never*
used sendmail and no indication that someone *still*
uses sendmail and if Peter likes to punish anybody
because sendmail he better should ask why fedora
still ships this antique piece of code

hint2: postfix is using /etc/aliases