Possible alternative behaviours for user creation at install time (was Re: anaconda / initial-setup / gnome-initial-setup: can we do this better?)

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue May 21 21:26:21 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-05-21 at 17:22 -0400, Simo Sorce wrote:

> > Nothing much, and if you actually read both my mails fully, that is
> > precisely the path I proposed.
>
> Yeah I got that, I was just asking why we consider mandating something
> when the current behavior seem, to work just fine.

Well, I'm the one driving this thread, and I just considered it because
I try and think through all the possible options when looking at
something like this. I wrote down my thoughts because Matthew's mail
seemed to prompt it. But my primary proposal is still the 'make anaconda
encourage user creation and drop i-s' thing. I don't want to start a
bunfight over g-i-s' mandatory account creation, but if someone else
wants to, it's no skin off my nose.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey