Possible alternative behaviours for user creation at install time (was Re: anaconda / initial-setup / gnome-initial-setup: can we do this better?)

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Tue May 21 23:14:59 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-05-21 at 17:22 -0400, Simo Sorce wrote:

> If someone wants to make user creation mandatory I think they should
> first provide a working method to select external account providers in
> anaconda. If that can't be done they should leave account creation
> optional. Although it being a default and requiring an explicit and
> noisy opt-out is fine by me.

As you said, logging in to a desktop environment without a user account
doesn't make much sense.

But g-i-s (and anaconda too, I believe) supports any 'external account
provider' that realmd knows about, so you should able to use your
identity server. If it doesn't work for your setup, I'm sure Stef will
take bug reports.