anaconda / initial-setup / gnome-initial-setup: can we do this better?

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed May 22 09:09:43 UTC 2013

> So I'm writing a blog post on this topic ATM, and that really kinda
> brought home how messy this design is at present.

One thing that doesn't seem to have been covered in the discussion —
what about third-party firstboot modules?

For an install on a corporate machine we have a firstboot module which
asks for the Active Directory credentials, joins the Samba domain,
obtains SSL certificates for VPN and WPA2-enterprise wifi and provisions
those in NetworkManager, adds a local user with the appropriate
username, provisions accounts in Evolution-EWS and pidgin-sipe, etc.

With firstboot gone, what form should our plugin take?

--
dwmw2