Software Management call for RFEs

Jan Zelený jzeleny at redhat.com
Wed May 22 13:43:32 UTC 2013

Dear Fedora community,
several months ago, at the Developer conference in Brno, Software Management
team received a whole bunch of proposals for new functionality in RPM and
related software stack.

We acknowledge the need for some changes in Software Management stack in
Fedora but we don't want to make changes just by guessing what our
users want. Therefore I call to you, consumers of our products (dnf, yum and
rpm): what are the changes that you would like to see in the foreseeable
future (say 2-3 years) and why would you like to see them (what would they
help you with)?

There is already a list of some RFEs on rpm.org wiki, you can use it as an
inspiration, to see what RFEs we have already received:
http://rpm.org/wiki/FeaturePlanning

The only limitation for your requests is our manifest which defines the scope
of SW management stack for the future. It is attached to this email (note that
it's quite extensive but the first part should give you a good image of what is
the planned scope of SW management stack).

Please send your requests as replies to this email so they can be properly
discussed.
After your proposals are filed and discussed, all will be evaluated by our
team and a roadmap with priorities will be created with those selected as
doable and meaningful.

Thank you in advance for your participation
Jan