Software Management call for RFEs

Paulo César Pereira de Andrade paulo.cesar.pereira.de.andrade at gmail.com
Wed May 22 15:47:58 UTC 2013

2013/5/22 Jan Zelený <jzeleny at redhat.com>:
> Dear Fedora community,
> several months ago, at the Developer conference in Brno, Software Management
> team received a whole bunch of proposals for new functionality in RPM and
> related software stack.

  As a packager, some way to transparently handle an upgrade when a
directory changes to a symlink or vice-versa.

  A minor, extra checking one that I was hit recently was lack of checking
a package that have a symlink to /builddir/some-where, and would only work on
my computer because the symlink did point to /home/pcpa/rpmbuild/BUILD/...

  As an user, some way to, but mostly adding some policy, to have multiple
sonames of a library installed. Usually only useful to avoid a window of time
with broken dependencies, but sometimes useful to have some package
that only works with an older version of some library functional, without
blocking an update.

> Thank you in advance for your participation
> Jan

Paulo