Software Management call for RFEs

Simone Caronni negativo17 at gmail.com
Thu May 23 11:52:39 UTC 2013

On 23 May 2013 13:47, Jan Zelený <jzeleny at redhat.com> wrote:

> May I ask what is the use case for this? I'm not sure why would you need to
> deal with individual files instead of the entire packages.

Maybe to reinstall one default config file out of a package that contains
some? I found it useful.
Example:

I fiddle around with a new Nagios installation, then something stops
working. I'm pretty sure it is some modifications in /etc/nagios/nagios.cfg
but I cannot track it down.
As an example I could do:

mv /etc/nagios/nagios.cfg /etc/nagios/nagios.cfg.mine
yum reinstall nagios --onlyfile /etc/nagios/nagios.cfg

Thanks,
--Simone