Software Management call for RFEs

Simone Caronni negativo17 at gmail.com
Thu May 23 13:29:16 UTC 2013

On 23 May 2013 14:58, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com> wrote:

> Debian (since 7?) has settled on using subdirectories of /usr/lib for
> different architectures.  See:
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/Multiarch
>
> It supports more than just "64 bit or not", such as different kernels,
> different endianness, and different instruction set extensions.
>
> There's a link which explains better than I can why they did it:
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/Multiarch/TheCaseForMultiarch

Thanks for the links.

I'm not the best person to judge, but it looks overcomplicated to me. For
sure existing commercial binary packages shipped in RPM format will have a
lot of problems.

Thanks,
--Simone

--
You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of
the shore (R. W. Emerson).

http://xkcd.com/229/