Software Management call for RFEs

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu May 23 13:54:21 UTC 2013

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 03:29:16PM +0200, Simone Caronni wrote:
> I'm not the best person to judge, but it looks overcomplicated to me. For
> sure existing commercial binary packages shipped in RPM format will have a
> lot of problems.

For the vast majority of packages, it simply means the library
moves from /usr/lib64 to /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu.  That's not
complicated.

It can certainly be made complicated -- eg. by having a library
that is compiled multiple times with different SSE extensions.
But that's something that cannot be done at all on Fedora
without using package-specific hacking.

Rich.

http://libguestfs.org/virt-v2v