Software Management call for RFEs

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed May 22 18:34:30 UTC 2013

Am 22.05.2013 20:17, schrieb Ravindra Kumar:
> I don't know if this feature already exists, so forgive my
> ignorance if it is already there.
>
> I think having an RPM equivalent of Systemd's
> "ConditionVirtualization" will be very useful
> for controlling packages that are intended for
> virtualized environments. It could gracefully
> warn users about unsupported environments. It
> can also be overridden using some switch to
> force ignore the warning

or skip manpages/docfiles as default or at least
controlled by a option in "yum.conf"

that would greatly reduce the space on virtualized
clusters with 20, 30, 40... fedora setups and in
such environemnts you typically need no man command
on any of the machines because you maintain them
remote from your workstation